Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The last pics from last week: research outings and cool trees.

I loved this tree on the way to some of our interviews one day.  
My new African style. This is the outfit we are generally expected to wear in town for modesty. Of course, the shorts underneath are usually covered by the wrap but I thought you should see the whole effect. Hiking boots, high socks, shorts, and a cloth wrap? Sounds like fashion to me. Just imagine the muddy days when we have to wear rain boots! 

The fields right outside our camp gate. The wheat is just starting to grow and it's really bright green!

Guitar lessons. I teach them a few times a week and it's a lot of fun!

The Maasai market. If you want a cow or a goat, this is the place to be!
The ropes on the ground in front of the women are the kind we tried to learn to make yesterday. 

Our whole Environmental Policy research team!

A baobab on the drive back from Mto wa Mbu to camp. I think they're some of the coolest trees I've seen. They call them "devil's trees" here because their branches grow in the shape of roots and the roots look like branches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment