Saturday, February 26, 2011

Monkey thieves and toe-spying creatures


On feb. 21st:

Funny moments recently:

-I found the bread loaves in the dining room/kitchen area open in the morning when I was organizing for cook crew. I was surprised by how messily someone had opened the bag and how many breadcrumbs they had left out. Then I realized that they had messily torn the plastic bag open from the side. Strange. Then I realized that not only had they torn it open from the side, but they had also grabbed a handful of bread out of the side of the entire loaf. Somehow I still thought it had been a human and was trying to figure out who would have done such a thing or been that hungry when I noticed paw prints all over the counter, and the other bread loaves which had been opened the same way. Apparently the thieving vervet monkeys like to have midnight snacks.

-A quote from my wildlife management professor, Shem, as he prepared us for a field practice lecture:

“Be careful to wear close-toed shoes. When you get out of the car you might not want your toes to be seen by a small creature…”


Monkey Crime Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment