On feb 20th:
I have very strange dreams here. The first week, I continuously woke up halfway in the night and in this dreamy state was convinced that a spider or a snake or in some cases, a giant clicking stick bug were either crawling on the outside of my mosquito net or had somehow fallen into my bed. These dreams were replaced by dreams of elephants charging through our camp after we were told one night that elephants had entered the camp last semester. In the dream I was with an elephant tamer and had to catch them and escort them away. I later found out that elephants WERE near the camp recently and had to be chased away by the Maasai guards (hereafter called “Askaris”). Another night I had a vivid dream that a leopard entered the camp and jumped at me and I grabbed it by the collar it was wearing and rode it around camp as it wildly jumped over everything and climbed trees until someone helped me to get off of it and set it free without it biting us. I have also had many dreams that I was back in Chile, or at home with my dogs or family, which often leave me homesick when I wake up. That said, a recent dream I had included flying around and speeding past all the animals in the fields, which was awesome.
PS- How did NOBODY mention to me until now that three of my blog posts in a row say HOTTT Baboon Love?! This was NOT intentional. That said, I'm leaving it.
No comments:
Post a Comment